Netgear wifi extenders are known for the performance and signal strength they offer. We all know setting up a Netgear wifi extender is a very simple and easy task. But when the device somehow stops working, it becomes a great hassle for the user. Most of the time, users mistakenly modify the settings and issue starts appearing. If I would do the same, also my wifi extender won’t connect to the wireless network. Today we will talk about the issue that most of the users face while trying to connect wifi extender Netgear to the wireless network.
Now we will mention some of the possible issues due to which my wifi extender won’t connect to router or wireless network.
- Netgear wifi extender not configured properly with the router.
- Netgear wifi extender installation failed.
- Internet connectivity lost.
So these were some of the possible Netgear issues due to which you are searching for the query “my wifi extender won’t connect”.
Netgear Extender Reset
If you still can’t identify the issue that you are facing with your Netgear wifi extender, the best option is to reset the Netgear wifi extender. Now we will put down the basic instructions that will again allow you to connect wifi extender Netgear to router or wireless network.
- Remain the extender turned on and see the bottom of the device.
- Look for the Reset button on the bottom of the Netgear wifi extender. The reset button sits little inside the frame of the device so you will need a paperclip or any
- Press the reset button with the help of a paperclip and hold it for a few seconds until all the lights on the device start blinking.
- Now release the button and give your device a few minutes to get back to the factory default settings.
Now that you have reset the device, reconfigure it to connect wifi extender Netgear to the wireless network without facing an issue. To connect wifi extender Netgear to the wireless network, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the mywifiext.net and enter the login credentials.
- Click the login tab and you will see the mywifiext.net setup page.
- Scan available wireless network and connect to the home wifi. If prompted, enter the security key of your wireless network.
- Now follow the instructions to set up the device as an extender.
After the configuration process, make sure you save the settings so that your device makes the settings take effect.
So this article was all about the solution of the query “my wifi extender won’t connect”. We hope that you are now able to connect wifi extender Netgear to router or wireless network. In case you still face the same issue or need any assistance, give us a call on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to help you. Thank you for reading this article.