Since Netgear extender is the best way to gain internet access all over your home or business, their importance increase in today’s web-engaged environment. Netgear offers its various models in the market. You can choose whichever works best for your Wi-Fi requirements. Netgear Extender models include N300, EX6100, EX2700, AC1200, AC750, EX7000, Netgear Nighthawk X6S EX8000 Tri-Band extender, Nighthawk X6 AC2200 or much more. All these models come with advanced and numerous features. Setting up these models is quite an easy process. Netgear wifi extender setup is the ultimate solution to increase wireless coverage and eliminate the dead zones. To set up your wi-fi extender, you can make use of mywifiext net setup wizard.
Netgear wireless extender connects your all the wireless devices like mobile, laptop, and computer to your home network for web surfing, streaming online games, and 4K streaming. To get a complete guide on Netgear range extender setup, read on.
Netgear Range Extender Setup Instructions:
Here are the instructions to set up the Netgear wireless range extender:
- Place your Netgear extender in the same place as your wireless router.
- Plug in the extender into a wall outlet to provide it power supply.
- Turn on the range extender and connect it to your existing wireless network.
- You can connect the Netgear wifi extender via either WPS or Manual method.
- Now connect the extender to your router using Ethernet cable.
- Also, take another Ethernet cable and connect the wifi extender to your PC that you will use for the setup process.
Log into the Netgear Range Extender:
- After initial setup, you need to log into the extender’s interface to change the device’s settings.
- For this, launch a browser on your PC and enter the mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Next, a login page will display on your computer screen.
- Enter the username and password of the Netgear extender in the given fields.
- Click “Login” to complete the login process.
How to change Netgear extender default password?
If you have not changed the default username and password of your Netgear wireless range extender then you can use this option. We recommend you to change the Netgear extender default password to a more secure password. Let’s have a look at the steps given below to change the default password:
- Access the Netgear range extender setup page using mywifiext.net.
- Click the “Maintenance” under “Admin” Settings.
- Now, select “Set Password”.
- Enter the old password.
- Now, enter the new password.
- After that, re-enter the new password.
- Click the “Apply” to save the changes.
Netgear Wifi Extender Setup via mywifiext net Setup Wizard:
- After you complete the login process, it will take you to the configuration page.
- On this page, select “Setup Wizard”.
- Next, your device will provide you with a list of available wireless networks in your area.
- Choose the wifi network that you want to extend.
- Enter the Network name and SSID of your wireless network in the required fields.
- Now, enter the security settings and click “Save”.
- Your setup process is completed. You can make other changes as per your need.
Netgear wifi extender setup via WPS Method:
WPS method is the simplest method to connect your range extender to a secure network. You don’t need to enter the wireless name and password manually. Follow the steps to complete the setup process:
- Take your extender and connect it to the power supply.
- Power on the Netgear extender.
- Look for the WPS button on the extender’s back.
- Press the WPS button on your extender.
- Also, press the WPS button on your router within two minutes.
- The LED on your extender and router lights solid green.
- Go to your PC and find the new wireless network name (_EXT).
- Connect your wireless devices to your new extended network.
- Next, unplug your range extender and place it at a new location.
You have successfully completed the Netgear wifi extender setup process using these steps. If you have any issues related to Netgear extender setup, mywifiext net Setup Wizard or more. Or you need any further assistance, contact us. We are a team of technical experts. You can contact us at our toll-free no. or go through a live chat window.